Invention of culture begins with alienation to the nature.
Ideal sizes, what is pretty and what is ugly, norms and normals, imposed perceptions, sinners and acceptable identities!
Ideal is only possible through unlearning the nature.
But deformation is; the relic of nature defeated against culture, the return to the repressed.
Salvation from narrow minds is through renounce of gold and silver.
Deformation is the witnessing of the alienated to the history.
As Adorno said, “When the humankind’s oppression against the nature is ceased, the concept of ugliness disappears.”
Social “normal” is defenseless against the deformation and the culture’s hegemonic impositions can only be exceeded with deformation.
The form free of domination becomes the artist’s realm of freedom against the culture. Because art is art despite the sovereign!
Deformation is the realm of autonomy, precisely because of that.
Deadline for the open call is 10/09/2022.
Results of the assessment will be announced at 11/09/2022, through e-mail.
Exhibition dates are between 24 September and 22 October 2022.
TERMS OF APPLICATION
- Artwork inside the files should contain these themes written below within the frame of Deformation/Distortion notions;
- Social Oppression and Violence
- Perception of The Body
- Ecological Problems
- Timely Cultural Problems
- Critique of Culture
- Global Crisises
- You can apply to the exhibition with painting, sculpture, performance, installation, ceramic, video art, graphic, photography and short film.
- You can apply to the exhibition with a maximum of 6 artworks. No limits in video art, performance, installation and short film.
- Artwork presented in the exhibition application file shouldn’t be represented by another gallery.
- Artwork presented in the exhibition file shouldn’t be applicant in online auctions, profit-oriented social media or other profit-oriented online platforms.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Artwork presented in the exhibition application file must have “artist’s signature”.
- Identification tag of artwork should be formatted as “Name of the Artwork / Year / Technique / Dimensions”.
- Graphic and photography works presented in the exhibition application file must be between 5 megabytes to 20 megabytes max.
- Works of photography qualifying to be exhibited must present the RAW files.
- The matters of copyright are solely the responsibility of the applicant. In the case of violation of legal rights, applicant takes the whole responsibility.
- Once the application file is submitted, changes in the application won’t be accepted.
- If the application file has failure to fulfilment or is made after the deadline of 10/09/2022, they will not be assessed, and the applicant will not receive any informing.
- Results of the assessment will be announced at 11/09/2022, through e-mail.
- Artworks qualifying to be exhibited must be delivered to the Tilki Sanat | Atölye at 19/09/2022 the latest.
- The application the open call is for free. Participation fee for the qualifying artworks is 200TL for students and 300TL for the rest.
- You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for other rules of application and details.
- CV (word/pdf)
- For each applied work, the min. 100 – max. 250 word introductory text.
*We kindly ask you to send your application documents in a single PDF file.